About Credit Key
At Credit Key we are building a world class B2B payments system with a small team of humble, collaborative and supportive developers. If working with great people that leave ego behind, support each other and build high quality products sounds like your thing, then this is the job for you.
Credit Key provides better B2B credit, in seconds, at e-commerce checkout—similar to Affirm and Klarna, but for business purchases. Founded by leaders in the e-commerce space, Credit Key is scaling quickly, helping B2B merchants move from inefficient back-office lending to real-time, in-cart decisioning and lending.
You’d be a core part of building our culture, making architecture decisions about whole new systems, and of course building lots of new features. You'll contribute to and review user stories, requirements, and design documents and ship great code.
The ideal candidate has strong experience across the stack, while showing expertise in a specific area(s). The ideal candidate has shown initiative in growing systems and can speak to what worked and what didn’t work, and how they overcame technical challenges.
- Work with product and design teams to add new features to Credit Key’s products and internal tools
- Build new integrations with third-party vendors
- Experience with Ruby, Rails or similar backend languages/frameworks
- Experience with SQL and No-SQL data stores
- Skilled at jumping into an existing code base and building on top of it
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years experience creating non-trivial backend platforms as well as contributing to frontend implementations
- Experience deploying scalable services in AWS
- Demonstrated experience shipping software as part of a small team
- A willingness to be a broad generalist, wear many hats, and react to changing requirements
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks, work autonomously, understand technical trade-offs
- A product-first mindset with a forward-thinking approach about how to use your skills to enable and evolve the business
- Strong programming skills in more than one language
- Excellent communication skills and highly collaborative individual
Added bonus if you have
- Familiarity with one or more of the following e-commerce platforms: Magento, Shopify, Big Commerce, NetSuite, WooCommerce
- Scaled NO-SQL data stores
- Producing code for any security-conscious industry (e.g. FinTech)
What we offer
- We hire adults and treat them as such. We offer flexible PTO and commit to an output-oriented, not butt-in-seat culture
- 100% remote now and after covid (US timezones only at this time)
- Supportive, highly collaborative team environment
- Great healthcare coverage
- Competitive compensation package